Wednesday, May 28, 2008

back through the years...

This task made me think a lot, made me recall and miss my childhood. But I guess that I am not the only one here.


It is so strange that the moment I opened the old, hidden photo album my head filled with memories of colors, scents and emotions. I recalled hours spent on playing, experiments done and things discovered. Because for me, childhood means a stage of discovering. I was a very inquiring child - I asked a lot of questions and always wanted to know "what", "how" "when"... and my personal favorite: "WHY".


But I was not alone in my voyage through new lands full of unknown natural forces, animals, gadgets and inventions - I was not alone in my discovery of the world - I had guides, my parents. They were patient enough to answer all my questions and to make me believe that it is possible to understand the complexity of the world around. And I guess I still have some of this inquisitivness left...


Oh gee, I got very sentimental and poetic. But the pictures here do not in any way fit this mood:) This is me, still young and beautiful, aged: 2 months, 2 and 3 years.

7 comments:

koozaa said...

Cute photos! I also got sentimental...:)

AgataL said...

Great pictures, each of them! This task is also my favorite, which is why I repeat it every year with all my students. It also suits the time in your life - graduation and all that. Anyway, I'm happy that it made you a little bit sentimental - there's nothing wrong in that, is there? I like your post very much. :)

Karolina said...

Absolutely nothing wrong in being sentimental! I even sometimes wish I was like this more often...:) And thank you very much for such a task and your involvement in our blogs..it must be rally hard to comment on most of them:)

Luke said...

Fantastic pictures! Pretty baby...pretty woman... ;) take care!

Idril Celebrindal said...

The third photo is my favourite. I think that it most resembles you as you are now! ;)

Zofia Mk said...

I also adore the 3rd pic:))
u haven't changed much ;p

xxx

Karolina said...

yeah, and especially the way i treated the poor doll...:)